Monday, March 16, 2009

A Letter of Mary

I've finished my 2nd book for this challenge, A LETTER OF MARY, by Laurie R. King. This is the 3rd in the Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell series.

Here's an excerpt from my review:
What I enjoyed about this particular book was the abundance of red herrings. Holmes and Russell have at least three distinctly different suspects for the murder of Ms. Ruskin and they can’t seem to figure out which is the real murderer. Whenever one suspect becomes a more likely candidate, something happens to change things yet again. And what I originally thought would be the focus of the story in the end turned out to be more of a side note. I love being surprised like that.
You can read the complete review at my blog if you like.

- Heather (from Age 30+ ... A Lifetime of Books)

How are the rest of you progressing with this challenge?

4 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying reading through the Mary Russell books this month. I'm in the middle of The Moor at the moment. I'd almost forgotten how much I loved this one!

    I have three of my seven books read for the challenge so far. I'm hoping to have reviews posted soon. My schedule has been crazy over the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Moor is my favorite so far (and this is the first time I'm reading the series). I can't believe how quickly I'm going through them though - even with a very busy month, I'm still on the 5th one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one down and six to go. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes was my first reading of Doyle and I really enjoyed it. Hope to make some progress in the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book Psmith: Sounds good! There is still LOTS of time in this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete