Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Moor

I recently finished another in the Sherlock Holmes/Mary Russell series ...
Since this is the 4th in the SH/MR series, I didn’t read the back of the book - I'm already into the story by now. Because of that, I assumed that "The Moor" referred to in the title would be like Morgan Freeman’s character in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. (This makes lots of sense when you consider Russell’s Jewish background and her keen interest in the Middle East.) You can imagine my surprise when the book turned out to be about the actual moor – as in, a place in England –and not a Saracen. Oops.


This was my very favorite in the series so far. If you like THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES, you will like this story. You can read my complete review here.

- Heather (from Age 30+ ... A Lifetime of Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment